You’ve been trying to lose weight for weeks, decades as long as you can remember. You’ve cleaned up your diet, bye by daily glass of wine. Hitting the gym, who knew I’d grow to love morning workouts. You’re making the best choices about everything skipping bread with dinner, no late night snacking.
But then you step on the scale and WTF: It doesn’t budge OR goes OR says the same!!! You think to yourself something’s gotta give! It’s so easy to get discouraged when that is only your only measure of success.
It’s so easy to get caught up in the numbers. For years that’s what we have done. Here is what I know the scale is BS. The scale only measures your relationship to gravity. It doesn’t measure your worthiness, how much your family loves you, if you are a good friend, good employee or good person.
We encourage our clients to toss their scales and focus on non-scale victories. Here is where you can find success almost daily to keep moving and grooving.
- Grab a Fitbit and be able to easily crush 10,000 steps by 12 noon
- Climbing multiple flights of steps become easy
- You are done a dress size
- You don’t need “cheat days”
- Sleeping through the night
- You have more energy
- Your cravings have gone down significantly
- A reduction in your medications
- Increased stamina
- Clearer skin, less breakouts
What would you consider a non-scale victory?