Soups can be a lifesaver they are easy to make and filling.
This soup is great because you get protein from chicken, the lemon adds a lot of flavor, and the orzo helps make it more filling. You’re also getting a healthy serving of vegetables.
- 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 lemons (zested and juiced)
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 cup orzo pasta
- 2 cups cooked chicken (either chopped chicken breast or shredded thighs)
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Grab your large soup pan and heat up the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrots, and celery. Sauté until everything starts to get tender. This should take about 4-7 minutes. Don’t let the onion or garlic burn!
- Pour the chicken broth over the vegetables. Add in the lemon juice, lemon zest, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- While you’re waiting for it to boil, add the lemon pepper and chicken to a small bowl and mix well so it’s evenly coated.
- Add in the orzo and allow it to boil for about 7 minutes. Check to make sure the orzo is tender.
- Toss in the seasoned chicken and cook for another five minutes.
- Remove the soup from heat, take out the bay leaf, and stir in the parsley. Your soup is ready to enjoy!